To manage projects, both technical and business, which deliver new capabilities into the organisation to enable the realisation of planned business benefits.
In particular, to:
- Manage and deliver a project within time, cost and quality thresholds, establishing quality assurance protocols through standardised and consistent project documentation. To include managing change control.
- Ensure benefits are identified; project deliverables are fully integrated into the business and subsequent realisation of benefits processes established.
- Manage all financial aspects of the project including structuring stage budgets, and justifying/securing funding through appropriate governance forums.
- Build, manage and motivate the project team.
- Define and manage project resources.
- Manage stakeholders internally and externally throughout project lifecycle. Producing consolidated reporting to Project Board and other key stakeholders as required.
- Undertake detailed project planning, clearly mapping milestones and deliverables and monitor ongoing progress.
- Ensure all risks and issues are effectively identified and managed. Includes maximising opportunities to drive out additional business benefits.
- Identify interdependencies and dependencies with other projects and business areas. Clearly putting into place action planning and resolution activity.
- Identify lessons, ensuring they are shared across practitioners and inform activity to change working practices.
- Ensure compliance with all Force strategies.
For further information please see the role profile.