The purpose of the role is to manage and develop all digital communication offerings across the Alliance including web development and design, video, social media technical, digital design, GIS mapping and print services. The main responsibilities of the role are:
· To develop appropriate web & digital media content / applications, in consultation with the customer needs whilst reflecting the cultures of the Forces.
· Maintain a test-and-learn culture across the organisations, ensuring our digital offerings are insight-driven and audience-led.
· Manage effective completion of projects, using appropriate content, hardware and software solutions, combined with professional judgement to deliver approved digital communication.
· Maintain awareness of digital media trends within this particular professional field.
· Contribute towards and maintain the digital strategy/roadmap and offering, ensuring alignment with the ICT department.
· Take ownership of the technical development practices, quality, governance and strategic direction of digital products and channels.
· Manage third party relationships and put new contracts into place.
· Continuously work towards technical excellence and industry best practices.
· Have experience managing multiple product development projects, aligning a team around those, and delivering on time and within budget.
· Be confident across a breadth of programming languages & platforms.
· Be an excellent communicator, able to comfortably switch between managing stakeholder expectations and motivating developers and designers.
· Comfortable developing a technology strategy to deliver a market leading public service.
· Engage with internal and external stakeholders to discover where the unmet needs of the customer lies. Proven ability to analyse campaigns and site performance to make recommendations for improvement.
· Write and deliver a digital strategy and implementation plans working with a number of key internal and external stakeholders.
· Integrate social into all digital marketing planning including the distribution of new content to key people of influence.
· Work closely with other members of the SMT to develop an E influencer strategy.
· Ensure that Dorset Police and Devon and Cornwall Police brands are visible and optimised in all digital and online channels.
· Research, create and present innovative digital strategies to generate results.
· Develop the Force capability in using GIS software to maximise effective visual presentations and formats, thereby offering far more transparent and unambiguous information for use at all stages of the criminal justice system so as to support early case resolution.
The commencing salary will be within Grade 9 starting at £38,925 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £42,918 per annum.
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Tanya Croft, Head of Corporate Communications via email Tanya.CROFT@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk
For more information and to download an application pack, please click here.