Haymans Bakery is a family run business that has been serving Swanage and surrounding area for nearly 100 years. We are proud of our heritage and excited about our future.
Working through the night our incredible bakers craft a large selection of breads, cakes and pastries for local businesses, as well as for our shop and cafe that sits in the heart of Swanage on Institute Road.
At the shop and cafe, you’ll find not only our delicious home baked breads and treats but a full menu of light lunches and breakfasts.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking staff for our busy cafe and/or bakery. Hospitality, food production and/or barista experience preferred but not essential. Training will be given for the right candidate, and a willingness to learn and pride in your work is a big plus!
What We are Hoping to Find:
We are looking to recruit team members who
- warmly welcome and look after regular customers
- enjoy sparking up conversation with new customers, getting to know them, their preferences, and turning them into happy regulars,
- love and understand our food
- are never short of a smile or a friendly word
- have an ability to build rapport quickly
- genuinely love giving sustained amazing customer service
- excel under pressure working as part of a fast-moving team in a busy environment
- have an eye for detail and can learn fast
If you can be part of this team we want to hear from you!
What We Offer in Return:
- A friendly, supportive and rewarding work experience
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Permanent and seasonal contracts
- A full-time and part-time positions available
- Mentorship from experienced industry professionals
- The opportunity to study for Level 2 and 3 Qualification in Hospitality & Catering
- 28 days holiday a year dependent on hours worked (including Bank Holidays)
- Food and drink allowance when working
Ø Qualifications Required
- Preferred, but not essential - 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) – Maths and English would be a huge benefit.
Ø Hospitality Team Member standard
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 18 – 24 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills - if not already achieved a GCSE C/4 (or above) in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you do that is not your usual role will also be counted
Ø Working Week
- Up to 40 Hours a week over 5 days and will include weekends and potentially some evenings
- Time to meet with your tutor during working day
- This will involve shift patterns including early starts and late finishes