Responsibilities and Duties
- To motivate and support a team of practitioners to create a fun, appealing and safe environment for children and staff to learn and develop - It's our Nature to Nurture is not just a strap line!
- Inspire the team to use resources and equipment creatively to plan and provide stimulating activities for children.
- Regularly coach and observe the team, celebrating their achievements and supporting them in their development
- To work in partnership with parents making them feel proud and confident to leave their precious little ones in our care, ensuring any concerns are dealt with professionally and efficiently.
- Utilise our systems to evaluate the teams observations, record children's learning, and plan for their next steps
- Help us to grow and develop by role modelling best practice, sharing your experience and keeping abreast of new and exciting ways of working
- To role model effective planning and delivery of activities and care for children, ensuring that the children's learning and developmental needs are met, and that the nursery provides a warm, welcoming and supportive environment to the children and their families.
- To take a lead role in the ordering and maintaining of resources and equipment, within agreed budget, to ensure smooth and safe running of the nursery facilities.
- To work with the Nursery Manager and other Room Leaders to ensure the nursery complies with the OFSTED and Children Act 2004 requirements and any other Standards of Childcare as agreed.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To keep the Nursery Manager up to date with successes, challenges and concerns relating to the team, children and their parents.
- To be a pro active member of the Nursery Management Team; sharing observations and driving best practice, delivering and participating in training; and upholding the nurseries reputation.
- Full time role 37 Hours a week working varying shifts dependent on the needs of the setting but will be flexible where we can..
- Uniform supplied and free training as required.
- We encourage further knowledge and training and will assist you to reach your full potential.
- We work with Bright HR ensuring you are given the best support.
- Four weeks paid holiday a year plus Bank holidays.
- Start Date for Role Approx 15th July 2019.