Aim of Role:
To ensure both a positive first and final impression of the hotel to guests by providing a friendly service to all guests; acting as a point of contact for guest enquiries; providing a hosting service throughout the guest’s stay by pro-actively communicating with them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DELIVERING EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE:
- Greet guests with a genuine warmth and charm
- Act as a concierge service and advise guests of things to enhance their stay
- Actively welcome guests in a friendly and professional manner and determining the nature of their business.
- Deliver an efficient service to all guests in a friendly and professional manner at all times and display excellent customer service and awareness.
- Answer telephone/email enquiries with a friendly and positive manner.
- Ensure the Front Desk and Back Office is kept in a professional and appealing manner and in a way that provides efficient service.
- Report any lost property immediately and follow correct procedure
- Be self-motivated to learn and improve personal knowledge to the benefit of the guests.
- Make Hotel, Spa, Den and Restaurant reservations and up-sell wherever possible
- Be confident using computers including software such as Microsoft Office and PMS Systems and act according to hotel policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of the local area and attractions
- Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
- Ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- Be aware of problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills and how to rectify these, explaining all actions fully
- Reconcile and account for all sales and monies during working shifts to Company standards.
- Be responsible for taking bookings for all activities of the operation.
- Maintain and check all equipment regularly and report any defects
- Report any defects or damage immediately and ensure it is correctly logged
- Ensure all equipment and chemicals are used correctly and to manufacturer’s instructions
- Be responsible for own development in the Workplace
- Attend any training as and when required including Health and Safety
CARE AND CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS
- Liaise with all areas of the operation in the relaying of information, taking personal responsibility.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Ensure the very highest levels of communication between reception and other hotel teams
- Adhere to personal appearance standards at all times
- Help colleagues should they require assistance
- Treat all colleagues with respect
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Ensure all keys are kept secure whilst on shift
- To report any suspicious behaviour
GOING THE EXTRA MILE:
- Complete any other reasonable task when requested to do so by Supervisors and Management
- Look for any inconveniences to our guests and act upon them
- Always look for ways to go the extra mile with all of our guests
- Identify sales leads during guest discussions and feedback to hotel sales manager
- Show personal initiative when dealing with guests to help generate “Wow” moments during the stay
- Be a key face and character in the hotel animating your department and guest experiences
- Be an ambassador for Knoll House Hotel
Head of Reception Reception and Front of House Manager
Skills and Attributes:
To successfully fill this role we are looking for an individual who possess the following:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive, welcoming attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- Flexibility to work hours as determined by the business
Salary is £17,076.80 and live in option available for the right candidate with a small monthly fee.