Very Important Notes:
- This role will require the successful candidate to work:
- night shifts as a matter of course for 6 days a week
- longer hours during peak Summer season
- maintain excellent working alliance with Lead Baker, Café leaders and owners
- We are prepared to pay well for the right candidate
We are looking for an experienced baker to join our team and hit the ground running working very closely with our experienced Lead Baker to produce our range of popular breads and confectionary.
Operational Responsibilities of the Role
The Baker role requires ongoing hands-on breadmaking:
- Responsibilty for ensuring that activities meet quality standards for:
- food safety,
- health and safety,
- legal compliance, policies and procedures and
- general duty of care
- Converting the production list into an operational shift plan
- Mixing, scaling, shaping, proving, baking bread
- Production of a variety of confectionary according to recipes and quality standards
- Ensuring that stock levels are systematically monitored and efficiently procured
- Oversee and coordinate deliveries
- Maintaining product recipes files
- Ensuring high level of satisfaction for wholesale customers
Key Skills/ Experience Required
- A good knowledge of craft baking and sourdough
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A passion for excellence and quality.
- A flexible and innovative approach to your work.
- Strong technical skills.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours.