Aim of Role:
To provide a skilled, competent practical, ‘hands-on’ and administrative service to all aspects of the hotel functionality, its equipment and facilities giving particular attention to welfare and comfort of guests and employees. To be involved in all aspects of the day to day hotel smooth running and Guest facing services/facilities. To be the source of technical guidance for Hotel Management and employees to ensure they can offer the best possible service and comfort to the Guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) inspections to every aspect of the hotel services, equipment and facilities as required to monitor, record and support the contracted compliance strategies and packages.
- Be friendly and approachable at all times for both guests and employees
- Be very organised, routine orientated & be able to prioritise duties, tasks & requests.
- Have the ability to work under various pressures and deadlines as may be imposed by unforeseen events and occurrences resulting from either guest-related issues and requirements or by emergency situations directly affecting the health and safety of the hotel and those involved.
- Respond to guest issues and complaints in a timely and professional manner and progress work orders either when issues cannot be resolved or as part of planned service structure.
- Complete daily rounds, checking on all aspects of the hotel environment and services, identifying, reporting and actioning any problems in a safe & professional manner.
- Be prepared to make an emergency repair in a safe and compliant manner during times out of normal or agreed working hours basically for the greater good of the hotel functionality and ultimately guest satisfaction.
- To be aware of and work in conjunction with the various incumbent specialist compliance contractors carrying out scheduled inspections, PPM servicing and any associated callouts/repairs/refurbishment to all aspects of the hotel equipment, services and leisure/recreational facilities.
- Have a strong competency in general plumbing systems as well as carpentry and DIY
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and associated issues in conjunction with awareness of COSHH regulations and the management thereof.
- Maintain and check all equipment regularly and report any defects.
- Report any defects or damage immediately and ensure it is correctly logged.
- Ensure all equipment and chemicals are used correctly and to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Attend any training as and when required including Health and Safety
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
Skills and Attributes:
To successfully fill this role we are looking for an individual who possess the following:
- Physical fitness – be able to lift at least 25kg in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines and be able to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Flexibility to work hours set by the business as well as during periods of emergency as deemed necessary by Hotel Management therefore full driving licence is essential
- Knowledge of pool and spa operations desirable
- Industry recognised qualifications i.e C&G Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services essential
- Attentive listener and good verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Excellent organisational skills
Full time, meals on duty, live in available for the right candidate, competitive salary.