Store Manager Job Description
Job Title: Store Manager
Reports to: Retail Operations Manager
Job Purpose: To take overall responsibility for the running of the Chocolate House and ensuring the Chocolate House delivers the Chococo experience, in line with brand standards, to all customers at all times.
· Management Experience
· Worked within a customer facing environment.
· Understanding of key performance measures
· A role model, leader and team player: Leads by example, takes control, confident, authoritative, coaches and develops, is involving, motivational, listens and communicates well using language, eye contact and body language, is approachable, shares information, shares workload, offers 100% support, values the team.
· Reliable, honest, responsible: Up to date, organised, trustworthy, accurate, understands and implements policies and procedures, doesn’t take advantage, stands up to be counted, competent.
· Energetic, Friendly. Enthusiastic: Mature outlook, enjoys work, gets the job done, prepared to go the extra mile.
· Constructive, innovative, commercial: Looks for solutions, problem solver, challenges the status quo, encourages new ideas, is positive, forward thinker, aware of goals and results.
· Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
· Ability to lead and train a team through motivation and engagement
· Be able to communicate confidently to all
· Understands deployment and the importance of deploying the team effectively.
· Be able to handle tricky customers and resolve customer complaints to both party’s satisfaction
· Think ahead and anticipate situations and prepare for them
· Lead the store team in all aspects of delivering the best Chococo experience to every guest.
· To take responsibility for the profitability of the store by analysing and acting upon financial/performance data weekly, monthly and yearly to drive consistent and improved profitability.
· To analyse and act upon financial/performance data weekly, monthly and yearly to ensure that they deliver brand standards and a great Chococo customer experience.
· To take overall responsibility to ensure all admin and reporting requested is completed in time and/or is up to date.
· To take overall responsibility for delivering brand standards at all times by ensuring that the store is opened/closed & operated in line with all Chococo standards, policies & procedures
· To ensure that all relevant standards, food and health & safety checks are completed and that all necessary remedial action is taken, or issues escalated as required
· To take overall responsibility for managing the stock and order systems for food & consumables ensuring that the store has 100%supply of items for the customer whilst delivering budgeted margins/target
· To ensure that all company policies and procedures are in place to maintain cash & stock security and that all necessary action is taken to ensure that all transactions involving stock &/or cash are done in a secure manner
· To execute deployment within your store ensuring the effective control of labour and that every team member is deployed in an appropriate manner
· To recruit, induct, train, coach and develop the team to ensure that they deliver brand standards and a a great customer experience
· To communicate all key information to the store team in the most effective way using the most appropriate method
· To manage and/or oversee events ensuring they are well organised and profitable. Takes responsibility for sourcing potential event opportunities
· To deal with and resolve customer complaints in line with company policy/procedures.
· To ensure all marketing updates and new POS are implemented & maintained effectively
· To complete team member one to ones and performance review regularly to company guidelines
· To plan for potential staffing requirements and training needs ensuring a progression plan for the team is in place.
· To manage their time effectively and efficiently in the completion of their job role
· Work with their area/peers’ group to share best practice
· To prepare for and input into regular performance and business reviews with their Operations Manager
Performance will be monitored through profitability figures, financial data and performance data
Note: This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job; but an outline of the duties.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org