Post Number: VAC-2508
Provide expert support within an identified key category area of the work of the South West Police Procurement Department (SWPPD), leading on individual procurements to deliver the particular key category’s strategies. The role will focus on three key areas of activity in particular:
- Gather and analyse supplier data and information
- Understand available internal and external data and complete spend analysis
- Aware of potential changes to the future requirements for their category areas
- Support the process to generate robust category strategies with the correct level of analytical rigour
- Record and report on Procurement savings
- Engage with the stakeholder community
- Prepare documentation for complex / high risk procurements
- Ensure selection of appropriate criteria and PQQ/ITT format for specific categories
- Draft and publish advertisements for the letting of contracts, particularly for publication in the Official Journal of the European Union
- Develop user specifications in conjunction with stakeholders
- Work within the requirements of standing orders and financial regulations, central government directives, and all relevant national and European legislation
- Support complex / high risk procurements, lead on tenders and mini-competitions for other procurements
- Support the implementation of new contracts across the region
- Utilise e-procurement tools
- Collect and analyse data to measure supplier performance in terms of cost, risk, stakeholder satisfaction, supplier performance and continuous improvement
- Develop appropriate relationships with suppliers to maximise value to the business
- Collect and analyse information measuring internal compliance to contracts that have been set up and implementedIn your role you will get the opportunity to work with colleagues from four Police Forces, and work on a number of varied categories of spend, enabling you to quickly develop your procurement and commercial skills.
For further information please see the attached role profile and full advert.
Starting salary as an apprentice is £20,052 per annum. Following completion of the first three modules of the Commercial Procurement and Supply qualification the salary will increase to £22,332 per annum. At the successful completion of the apprenticeship normal incremental progression will commence within Grade 6 starting at £24,813* rising yearly to a maximum of £27,519 per annum.
Please note Adjustments in pay associated with examination / work-based assessment will be paid from the date that the result is published.
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Stuart Jose, Head of Regional Procurement on 01392 226792 or alternatively email at Stuart.JOSE@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk
For more information and to download an application pack, please click here.