Harrow House International College welcomes international students from over 40 different countries who study English for short or longer term courses. In addition, we host groups of UK and other international students coming to study the local geography or take advantage of the adventure activities available in the area. Our residential site is located in 7 acres of private land in Swanage.
- Clean certain areas thereby setting an example.
- Ensure that the cleaning department performs to Company standards by providing clear instructions, defined objectives and leading by example.
- Be alert to cleaning staff problems and use diplomacy to solve problems and create a good team spirit.
- Ensure that all staff members are treated equally and in an atmosphere of respect.
- Administrative duties such as stock checks, ordering stock, duty rotas.
- Manage staffing levels in line with fluctuating student numbers and budgetary requirements.
- In liaison with the Residential Manager and in line with legislation and Harrow House guidelines recruit and train new cleaning staff.
- Relevant experience within cleaning and hospitality. Managerial experience is desirable.
- Harrow House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out prior to commencement.
- Be enthusiastic, open and available to students, parents, leaders and other staff at all times so that the educational partnership between Harrow House and its customers can flourish.
A full job description is available on request.